Cassondre K. Buteyn is a Lead Attorney at Wilson Law Group and practices in the area of immigration law. Cassondre focuses on family-based immigration, naturalization, and removal defense, as well as humanitarian forms of relief such as U visas. Cassondre has been particularly recognized for her success in obtaining waivers of admissibility for clients seeking permanent residency through marriage after living in the US without lawful status.
Before and during law school, Cassondre worked as a legal assistant in an immigration firm, learning processes from the ground up. As an undergraduate student, Cassondre majored in international business of which she liked the “international” part best. This, along with her studies in Sevilla, Spain and work with foreign exchange students, motivated her towards a career in immigration law.
- Immigration Law
- William Mitchell College of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota
- Juris Doctor - 2005
- Honors: cum laude
- Drake University, Des Moines, Iowa
- Bachelor of Arts - 2002
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Major: International Business and Spanish
- Minnesota, 2005
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit, 2006
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota, 2006
- American Immigration Lawyers Associatoin, Member, 10/2005 to Present
- USCIS American Immigration Lawyers Association Liaison, Former Co-Chair, 2011 to 2012
- Volunteer Lawyers Network, Spanish Legal Services Advisory Committee Member, 2010
- New American Serivces Collaborative, Executive Committee Member, 2010 to 2011
- Pavlovich v. Gonzales, 476 F.3d 613, 2007, 8th Cir.
- Flores-Caledron v. Gonzalez, 472 F.3d 1040, 2007, 8th Cir.
- Up & Coming Attorney, 2012
- Volunteer Attorney of the Year, Volunteer Lawyers Network Spanish Legal Services, 2008
Classes & Seminars
- What's So Hard About Hardship, AILA, 2012 to 2012
- Waiver Processing in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico, AILA, 2011 to 2011
- Workshop: Compiling an I-601 Waiver, AILA, 2010 to 2010
- Participant in numerous continuing legal education panels, instructing other attorneys about waivers of inadmissibility and deferred action for childhood arrivals
- La Linea Volunteer Attorney, 2006
- 360 Communities Volunteer Attorney, 09/2008 to Present
- Volunteer Lawyers Network - Spanish Legal Services, 2006 to Present
Cassondre and her team are profiled in Attorney at Law magazine this month:
Wilson Law Group: Ladies of Liberty & Hope | Attorney at Law Magazine